top of page
London Stansted Airport - Baggage Upgrade
Standard 3 Upgrade Project
Gebler Tooth Architects were appointed as the overall design integrator/coordinator for the STN Standard 3 Upgrade Project by BUK, who were the Principal Contractor for Stansted Airport.
GTA responsibilities throughout the design stage were to;
- Define the Baggage Hall Fire Strategy, including gaining agreement from authorities for MoE routes, Fire Signage, Bump Protection requirements.
- Lead the design for the new steel mezzanine floor to be installed to the existing baggage hall, which would cover the complete departures area.
- Lead all non-baggage disciplines (MEP, Steelwork, Fire) to ensure that the design solutions from each discipline were integrated into the pre-construction model with the baggage system components.
- Construct and manage the integrated model file for all disciplines including baggage, thereafter identify and eliminate constraints/clashes from the overall design by analysis of the model throughout the design phase.
- Architectural design for new Out of Gauge baggage line enclosures within the check-in area and design of new HBS Screening Room Facility
bottom of page