Archive October 2014

Saving the Electric Cinema

Electric Cinema – Seats and screens

The Electric Cinema, once described by David Putnam as ‘a temple to cinema’ was the UK’s first purpose-built cinema designed by architect Seymour Valentin in 1910. After many years of neglect and failure the building was virtually derelict when we became involved in 1998, albeit remaining largely original. Working with various owners, we came up… Read more